Sunday, November 17, 2013

Momotombo and lots of driving

Two things I have recently learned: Every day (or every few days – realistically) I want to do something that frightens me (just a LITTLE, so my heart races and I become a little braver) and volcanoes are amazing.


 
My most recent excursions have consisted of visits to Momotombo, Momotombito, and all the beauty and awesomeness around that area. It’s hard to truly explain the fun and craziness that I have had, other than my heart and soul are so happy.


 
Before the attempt to drive up the side of Momotombo
 
 


I attempted to drive up the side of Momotombo by paying a security guard 100 Cordoba. Pretty squirrelly situation. Needless to say, after driving up stream beds, past aloe plants, other plants not to be “identified”, and some of the wildest squirrelly situations, the route was blocked by a tree which had been struck by lightning the day before. I definitely was beyond nervous and felt the adrenaline pumping. WORTH IT! After a 10 point turn, we safely made it back to the bottom and clearly stopped to take some epic pictures along the way.

Tree along Momotombo
 
Another excursion consisted of exploring the Laguna below Momotombo. That was an experience in itself. We had to pay 50 Cordoba to a local landowner and ended up hiking down a pretty steep hill. The terrain is all volcanic rock, so super super slippery and of course I was wearing sandals. Anyways, the Laguna was unreal…unlike anything I have ever seen or experienced. It was completely secluded and there wasn’t road access. It was crystal clear water, silent and void of any human life. UNREAL.  The Laguna Masaya is supposed to be similar to the one I visited, except there are restaurants and touristy things to do there. Anyways, the hike back to the car was beyond amusing. I almost lost my Amigo, he had to stop twice because “his heart was beating in his head and he couldn’t breathe.” I have never laughed so hard. I have also visited Old Leon as well as Old Managua.
Old Managua

The past two days have been 8-10 hours worth of driving due to round trips far out east. I am pretty tired, but the experiences are beyond worth it. This world and life has so much to offer. Anyways, five more days of work – then the real Nica exploring and adventuring begins!!! Oh, and now, I am staying through December 18th…maybe I will just buy some land and take up residency in Nica?! Anything is possible. Peace and Love!

San Miguelito
 
The moon is pretty special down here
 


No comments:

Post a Comment