Friday, November 1, 2013

Gringo Everything

Life in Nica is finally starting to feel real. The newness and adrenaline of a different country, culture, and opportunity is fading. I'm starting to find my routines and actually didn't say "bonito" nonstop today when passing the multiple volcanoes while cruising from town to town. To be clear, I'm blown away and feel incredibly open and appreciative of each and every adventure; however, I feel like an adult (maybe my 8yr old self verses 3yr old), and not totally squirrelly - like a kid in a candy store.

 

 

Other exciting news, I got my first few days off since arriving in Nica over two weeks ago. I spent my time at El CocoLoco with some Amiga's I connected with through Surf with Amigas (still recommend doing it, if you're even thinking of it, stop thinking and just commit!). I can't quit explain how awesome it was to see familiar faces and have a bit of comfort. Also, the food was awesome, walking barefoot with my gringo footsies was killer, the surf stellar, hammock time my favorite, and I got to experience baby turtles. The perfecto few days off to recharge if you ask me. Most importantly I had some down time which gave me the opportunity to think and reflect. Honestly, I don't miss "home." I feel a little lost in terms of what that feeling truly means, but I am solid in knowing I'm destined for adventuring and experiencing beauty beyond words. I've been pretty hell bent on independence and confidently knowing I don't need anyone or anything except true love and respect for myself to be happy; but I had a serious realization surfing alone around sunrise this morning. Brandi Carlile says it best: "All of these lines across my face, Tell you the story of who I am, So many stories of where I've been, And how I got to where I am, But these stories don't mean anything, When you've got no one to tell them to."

 
 

So, after all the craziness my life has been these past 6 months which lead me to this moment and this experience, I'd say I'm grateful. I'm grateful for the people currently in my life in which I get to share my experiences with. (Huge shout out to beach4barb, FaceTime for life laaaaady)! Thank you awesome people, I'm stoked on life :)
Lots of love and happiness!
Liz

 
Kissing the cutest thing ever...BABY TURTLES!

 
Seriously one of the most adorable things I have been a part of...releasing baby turtles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment