Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jamaican Juice and Coffee con Leche



I landed in Managua late last night and headed straight to the hotel where I was greeted with smiling faces and complimentary Jamaican Juice. Jamaican Juice is hibiscus tea and made from the hibiscus flower. It brings back found memories of my last trip to Central America (El Salvador) and the last time I was in Nicaragua which both were for a week full of surfing, yogaing and adventuring with Surf with Amigas (look them up, and DO IT!). However, this trip to Nicaragua definitely has a different feel as I am here for work. One thing is constant for sure and that is the energy. There is something incredibly special about Nicaragua and I can’t fully explain it in words, but it can easily be felt. This overwhelming energy brings a welcomed comfort as everything else around me is unfamiliar and constantly changing. I’ve been excited, stressed, happy, nervous and over all squirrelly with anticipation for this opportunity. I am finally down here and have absolutely no idea what to expect. I’ve heard bits of information concerning my work expectations such as: living on a boat in Lake Nicaragua or being Helicoptered into remote sites along the Caribbean coast, but nothing has been solidified. So, as I spend my first morning, “the calm before the storm”, enjoying Coffee con Leche with fresh fruit: bananas, papaya and pineapple, I promise myself to keep an open heart, mind and soul to happiness and adventure. I promise myself to appreciate each moment for what it has to offer and remember that life is full of endless opportunities and amazing adventures. I am thankful for where I am right now. I surrender to the universe and make the commitment to myself to live each moment fully.

Peace, Love and Happiness,

Liz J

No comments:

Post a Comment