Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Orange House: Hotel Casa Naranja

Mañana marks one week in Nicaragua and coincidentally I'm back at the hotel I stayed at the first night I arrived. I've stayed in 4 different "hotels" in 3 different "cities" since arriving. This adventure has been a whirlwind this far, but absolutely life changing.
Three words, "I've been wowed" (Patti - props to you for wowing people with your kickball skills and therefore introducing me to the overwhelming feeling of being "wowed"). Things I've learned in six days: nothing goes as planned, meetings and appointments are never on time, the environment and scenery is magical, the locals are helpful and most of the time smiling, the energy brings your heart and soul to life, to accomplish anything you must first back track a few steps in order to move forward, I actually don't mind doing laundry by hand in a sink every night and strategically placing my clothes around the room in areas the fan will hit them so they will dry in time to pack and move in the morning, to be extremely appreciative and always celebrate the small accomplishments (example: beyond stoked my laundry is dry!!!), and I've finally mastered how to order grilled chicken, white rice and vegetables in Spanish. Basically - I have it all figured out. Ha. Truthfully, all kidding aside, I've learned that life always works out. You just have to have self-confidence, an open heart and soul, good energy, and the motivation and belief that anything is possible. I never would have imagined even 6 months ago that I was capable of going to a different country where I don't speak the language and have enough inner confidence and happiness to enjoy fully what this situation has to offer. So my advice (and I know very little): never doubt yourself and just do it. No matter what, it's the right decision.
Side note - My current situation and life choices was recently described to me as I "hippie my way out of things." I wasn't sure how to take that until I realized it just means I'm going along with what the universe presents (thank you B-Loos). Stoked.
Also, lastly but most importantly - Happiest of Birthdays to one of the most special people in my life: Caitlin McLaren Figura so much love to you!
Until next time, lots of peace, love and happiness.
-Liz

 
Toes in the water

 
Pretty flowers

 
More pretty flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment