Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Grateful for life!

Sunset while fishing
 
Grateful. I'm grateful for the life I'm living and manifested. I feel as though it's only begun, but each day I wake up thirsty for more. Not in a feeding the adrenaline way - more in a "what does this day have to offer for me to feel, grow and evolve." I feel incredibly open to whatever comes along and it's empowering. On another note, I rarely get sick and have been uncharacteristically fighting off a sinus-chest situation for almost a week. Other than one day in which non-existent energy forced me to spend a day in bed sleeping, I've taken this experience as a positive challenge. Meaning, to be sick gives me an opportunity to listen to my body as well as recognize and acknowledge tendencies during a time of weakness. It's been an eye opening experience and although I REALLY hope I'm able to fight this off soon, I'm grateful for knowing with a little support from long distance friends, I'm capable of feeling defeated and exhausted in a totally foreign place and still have enough strength and perseverance to keep on. With that, I've thoroughly enjoyed a few days off after a week of work and preparation for my last work task in Nica before returning back to the States for the holidays. I visited Masaya with its undeniable energy as well as explored the neighboring dormant volcano. I hiked up and then volcanoe-boarded down Volcan Cerronegro (epic), surfed as much as the tides would allow, yoga'd (first time getting into WildThing pose and which is now an instant favorite), went fishing (caught a barracuda and then ate my catch via ceviche the next day), Tona'd, laughed, bonfired (awesome under the night sky on the beach in Nica!!!) and read - a lot in a hammock.

Hiking up to volcano board
 
I made it!

After surfing
 

Watching the sunset

Fishing round two


I've met some really incredible people along the way and I am constantly reassured I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm destined to be experiencing. Life has so much joy, adventure, laughter and happiness to offer. Be brave, strong and confident. Have conversations and share feelings. If you feel it acknowledge it. Share an energy that's contagious and other like-minded people will find their way to you. Opportunities will be created. Live respectfully and you will be treated with respect. Give what you deserve in return. I truly believe these things within my soul and intend to continue to inspire, evolve, experience and laugh - always laugh. Peace, love and happiness!



Hiking around Masaya

Pretty unreal
 

No comments:

Post a Comment